Midlands or South
Dependent upon experience
Our client, a global provider of asset-based lending, has an opportunity within their capital finance team for an experienced Field Examiner. The ability to travel is essential as the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting on site assessments of collateral risk at both existing and prospective clients to assess the financial security and identify potential areas of risk.
• Analysing client systems, accounting records, contracts, identifying any internal operational improvements and implementation of collateral control procedures.
• Calculation and review of eligible collateral with a view to calculating the borrowing base.
• Reporting of risks identified on a timely basis.
• Analytical review of financial records/statements and substantive testing where appropriate.
• Write-up of results and conclusions of testing and analysis.
• Perform tasks independently and objectively demonstrating knowledge and judgment.
• Preferably hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
• Have prior experience as a collateral asset based field examiner in an asset based lending environment.
• Have a strong accounting, organisational and analytical skills.
• Be able to analyse financial statements and interpret legal documents.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Be capable of managing own time and workload.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, charismatic and have strong customer relations skills whilst appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making comprehensive risk decisions.