To £50k plus benefits
Our client is continuing to grow, and through its expansion is looking to add an Assistant Client Manager to join the Business Finance team, supporting in life management of the client portfolio. You will be required to work as part of a team, to ensure all clients are managed in accordance with the principles of the business model, company procedures and best practice ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and records as well as detecting errors and potential fraud. The role will also involve joint meetings with clients and key professional contacts, taking notes, requesting information and writing up reports to a high standard.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Act as a key point of contact for clients to support service and risk management activities.
• Perform daily system/database updates as required, producing monthly reports by deadlines given.
• Accompany client managers on visits as required, drafting visit reports in the defined format and assisting with the preparation of credit submissions as required.
• Take the lead in undertaking all ongoing due diligence, including; KYC/AML, Equifax alerts
• Track and chase financial and other information/reports required from clients.
• Analyse; statutory accounts, management accounts, cashflows, budgets and forecasts. Presenting insight to client managers.
• Ensure client ‘master grading score’ is updated at intervals and events as defined by the business.
• Apply internal and client data to maintain monitoring records for financial and operational covenants.
• Accurately input information as required to the business’ operating platform in order to support the maintenance of client facilities.
• Approve client notification schedules and payment requests in line with delegated authority, dealing with any queries arising and liaising with client managers as appropriate.
• Liaise with lawyers with regards to deal documentation, ensuring it reflects the specifics of the deal and that it is signed correctly.
• Support Client Managers to ensure a comprehensive and successful client take on and onboarding process
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
• Foundation level banking or accountancy qualification preferred
• A proven track record of at least 2 – 5 years in a financial services (ABL finance, corporate banking) or similar environment.
• Track record of analysing data and constructing clear and concise reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Capable of developing and maintaining strong customer focused relationships with clients at board level and below.
• Good written reports and oral presentation skills, capable of having balanced discussions both internally and externally.
• Ability to deal with high volumes of diverse work without compromising on key details, accuracy or quality to ensure adherence to strict timelines and risk review cycles.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Understanding of credit risk management principles.
• Ability to learn new skills as the business grows enabling us to meet service standards demanded by our internal and external customers.
• Computer literate, good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills with respect to corporate financial statements (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash/Funds Flow, Budgets and Forecasts)
• Overall knowledge of the SME banking sector
• Self starter.
• Adaptable and Flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Professional and well presented whenever representing the company.
• Establishes effective working relationships at all levels.
• Customer focussed approach
• Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Lyons on 07790808904 or send your cv to email@example.com