The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary to £45k + package + bonus.
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the successful operational team of one of the foremost providers of asset-based lending globally in a support role within their portfolio management function.
The successful candidate will be working closely with clients in a variety of industries, while focusing on key areas on credit, collateral and treasury. The client base covering both UK centric customers doing business across Europe and globally, as well as supporting US and Canadian based customers with international operations.
The main functions of the job are building relationships with clients’ operational staff including initial client training and ongoing queries, as well as the day to day monitoring of client AR and Inventory collateral and the monthly analysis of their collateral information.
overview of the more specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Day to day client contact.
• Involvement in initial client set-ups.
• Review of information submitted by clients and reporting on trends in funded assets.
• Monitor and analyse trends in client’s collateral including accounts receivables, inventory, real estate and plant and machinery.
• Close collaboration with the other team members and relationship managers.
• Preparation of monthly reports and participation in portfolio meetings.
• Communicate with clients regarding daily status of their accounts and ensuring all required documentation and reports are submitted on a timely basis.
• Determine clients’ borrowing base availability, taking into account available collateral, all necessary reserves, total exposure and sub exposure limits in accordance with facility legal documentation.
• Monitoring clients weekly or monthly accounts receivable aging, calculate ineligibles in accordance with facility legal documentation and policy.
• Analysing clients inventory notification and reports to identify eligible inventory in accordance with facility legal documentation and policy, and prepare any required reports on inventory values, activities or trends.
• Input accurately and verify all necessary data to the collateral monitoring and loan administration system.
• Reconciliation preparation and verification between the internal system and the client’s system on both accounts receivable and inventory.
• Communicate with Relationship Manager regarding any changes in the status of an account.
• Prepare monthly statistics, as needed, including dilution, turnover days, payables summaries concentrations and reconciliations, and others as required.
• Assist Relationship Manager team in monitoring specific accounts or customers by creating and maintaining various spread sheets utilizing available software.
• Prepare information for risk policy documents including rating calculations and problem loan reports.
• Prepare any necessary reports on participation or syndicated loans.
The successful candidate must:
• Possess experience in either asset-based lending, invoice discounting, factoring or secured lending (all on real assets of a customer’s business).
• Have an understanding of the industry with a real interest to learn more.
• Possess excellent mathematical and written and verbal communication skills.
• Be capable of managing own time and workload efficiently.
• Strong organisational skills are essential.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues alike.
• Possess the ability to digest a range of information into succinct reports.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to numerous assignments.
• Be able to work under pressure to complete tight deadlines.
• The business may offer the option of studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualifications outside of work.