City of London
£60-£80k basic plus a range of additional benefits.
An interesting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit & Counterparty Analyst, within a market leading provider of specialist business insurance in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing insight and assurance about the counterparty risks faced by the business across derivative, reinsurance and internally sourced counterparties and provide an independent view of the ratings associated with these counterparties.
• Undertake detailed credit analysis of a range of counterparties including derivative, reinsurance and internally sourced investment.
• Independently review and challenge initial and ongoing ratings generated by the first line credit teams.
• Validate and report counterparty risk management for the risk function.
• Monitor compliance with counterparty limits, ensuring exceptions are appropriately understood, resolved and documented.
• Provide input to scenarios for stress and sensitivity testing.
• Previous experience in undertaking detailed counterparty credit analysis, including establishing internal views of ratings to be assigned by counterparties.
• Understanding of rating methodologies and their application across a variety of sectors.
• Knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements.
• Ability to write effective reports, setting out opinions and the rationale behind them.
• FIA, CFA ACA or CAIA certification would be desirable, however it is not essential.
In addition to individuals from a business / pension insurance background candidates with strong underwriting / credit analysis experience gained within other related industries such as invoice finance / asset-based lending / commercial finance etc, will also be considered.