£50k to £60k plus excellent benefits
Our client is a leading banking group with an excellent reputation in the SME and corporate markets. They are looking for a Credit Manager based from offices in West Sussex.
• To underwrite invoice finance, ABL and rentals transactions within a delegated personal underwriting authority having regard for group policies and credit risk appetite, as well as providing credit recommendations to more senior underwriters/committees as appropriate.
• To propose alternative structures and/or solutions to transactions proposed having regard to business.
• To primarily act as support for the Head of Underwriting in respect of the large deal credit committee process, and underwriting of transactions where limits exceed £1m.
• To provide coaching/feedback on credit submissions to wider the businesses.
• To provide subject matter expertise on business or credit projects as and when required.
• To act as underwriter for new and existing business, operating within an agreed personal underwriting authority and ensure that Close Brothers Invoice Finance & Rentals approve the right business for an appropriate return within group policies and credit risk appetite.
• To provide assistance and support to the Head of Underwriting – Invoice Finance & Rentals deputising at meetings and for as and when required.
• To build effective working relationships with the colleagues in the business, credit and other central functions.
• To provide coaching, advice and feedback re credit submissions to front line teams and / or field based underwriters ensuring effective papers are delivered.
• To own the organisation of local credit committees, production of minutes and distribution of papers for Group Credit Committees.
• To attend local and Group Credit Committees, deputising for the Head of Underwriting in their absence and any other related activity.
Ensure that all governance and compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the regulatory bodies are carried out to the standards required.
• To work alongside the portfolio and monitoring team in respect of compliance with credit policies and own, develop, update and distribute the CBIF Credit Authorities List.
• To assist from time to time with CBIF Quality Assurance Monitoring.
To support business or credit projects as required from time to time
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Nigel Blakey, CBC Resourcing Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 486 0011.