Our client is an established UK `challenger` bank focused on lending to UK customers through a range of well developed products and backed by a high quality and reputable management team.
£65,000 plus benefits and bonus.
Key product areas include residential and commercial property finance (development and term lending), asset finance, block discounting and a range of other developing products.
Credit analysis and recommendation of facilities covering a broad spectrum of SME / commercial borrowers encompassing residential and commercial real estate finance, asset finance (HP& leasing) and block discounting facilities. Typical facilities range between £1m - £10m. The role holder would be expected to be able to analyse new and existing propositions, make suitable recommendations to senior management and/or credit committee and operate a personal lending mandate (where applicable).
The role holder would also be involved in facilitating the management of the credit committee process, assist in managing the watch reporting process, undertake case overviews and contribute to the review and analysis of credit risk data. This is a designated ‘material risk taker’ position.
The role holder would report to the head of credit.
Key result areas or accountabilities:
• Act as sounding board to lending units in terms of transactions in process
• Preparation and presentation of credit risk assessment reports and make recommendations to credit committees
• Assist in the review and monitoring of credit risk policy compliance
• Operate within a personal lending mandate where applicable
• Act as secretary of credit committee, including preparation of agenda’s, meetings and distribution of credit papers.
• Distribute papers to board credit committee and obtain approval when a credit and structure are approved outside of credit policy.
• Support the development of an appropriate risk culture within the business
• Contribute to the formation and enhancement of credit policy on an ongoing basis to maintain a coherent framework for the management of credit risk
• Review and monitoring of credit risk profile at case and portfolio level
• Assist the head of credit/CRO in providing early visibility of emerging risks in the portfolios
• Assist in the maintenance of a problem debt management framework
• Ensure all lending proposals satisfy conduct and compliance criteria as per policy
Qualifications / experience:
• Demonstrable and recent lending experience (10+ years’ experience) in credit risk analytical and sanctioning roles with an emphasis on real estate and commercial finance including asset-based lending in the SME / commercial sectors.
• Preferably educated to degree standard or can evidence significant depth of professional sector experience with major financial service providers; for example with ACIB or similar related professional qualification
• Diverse knowledge of the financial, business, economic and property markets
• Strong analytical skills with a good working knowledge of risk grading systems and processes
• Ideally previous involvement in policy and process design and development
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Nigel Blakey at email@example.com or call 0161 486 0011.