£75k to £90k pa plus benefits and bonus.
Our client is an established UK `challenger` bank focused on lending to UK customers through a range of well-developed products and backed by a high quality and reputable management team.
Key product areas include residential and commercial property finance (development and term lending), asset finance, block discounting and a range of other developing products.
Management, control and execution of operational risk policy and related processes as a senior member of the bank’s 2nd line risk team.
The role includes significant contribution to the design and execution of operational risk strategy and appetite alongside the chief risk officer and wider executive of the bank.
The role holder should be capable of deputising for the chief risk officer in operational risk related matters and will maintain a broad view of operational risk across the business using a mix of data, analytics and market awareness to identify, assess and recommend actions to address issues and emerging risks and trends.
The role holder would report to the chief risk officer.
• Responsibility for maintaining the bank’s operational risk management framework, including ongoing review and testing. Ensuring operational risk input into other frameworks (e.g. third party supplier) as appropriate.
• Support the ongoing development and monitoring of operational risk statements and metrics in line with the bank’s overall risk management framework and risk appetite statements, with appropriate reporting on a monthly basis
• Challenge and aid in the design and regular review of operational risk policies and processes
• Manage operational risk assurance activity, oversight and thematic reviews to ensure risk events/incidents are properly captured and recorded, the RCSA process is robust and risks and controls are appropriately reviewed, including ‘out of cycle’ reviews as necessary
• Responsibility for maintaining the bank’s risk registers, including inherent and residual risk as well as risk acceptances, facilitating the regular ongoing review with business lines. Monthly analysis of risk events and near misses ensuring root cause issues identified and business lines supported in remediation work.
• Provide early visibility of actual, potential and emerging operational risks and developments pertinent to the risk profile of the bank
• Design, prepare and present succinct operational risk reports for the business, executive and board
• Provide training, guidance and recommendations to the business around operational risks and operational risk management best practice
• Develop and maintain strong, collaborative and constructive relationships with the first line businesses and functions to support the delivery of business objectives whilst maintaining effective controls
• Significant experience in operational risk roles including practical experience of developing, monitoring, embedding and reporting operational risk across a diverse business. Comfortable reporting to executive and board level
• Diverse knowledge of financial services with specific knowledge of current regimes pertaining to operational risk under the auspices of the PRA and FCA regulatory authorities
• Proven analytical skills with strong working knowledge of risk control systems, processes and reporting
• Proven ability to communicate and influence at all levels across the business, including at a senior level
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a talented management team as they embark on a programme of ambitious expansion.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Nigel Blakey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 486 0011.