£50-60k plus benefits
Our client is a major player in the leasing sector with a newly created role in the specialist and wholesale finance team. This role will directly support the newly formed large corporate, wholesale and specialist team. The job holder will be viewed as an operational expert with the ability to explain the key operational features of the processing systems, their boundaries and possibilities for development.
This is a ground up position setting the foundations for new products, operational processes and systems in Middle Office. The job holder will be expected to build and scope the area looking to recruit and train a team, whilst processing the deals already in play.
The job holder will have experience of working in an operational processing asset finance or corporate banking environment as a key decision maker positively supporting the growth of the business. The team will look to the job holder to confidently advise them through the solutions available, explaining alternatives and pros and cons of each option marrying product features in terms of the system parameters.
Will link into the work carried out by the specialist finance team advising on the system parameters of new products and supporting operational frameworks, considers impacts of “one off” solutions along the deal lifecycle.
Supports the internal and external audit team’s requests and develops these relationships ensuring understanding of the requests scope and/or suggesting alternative delivery methods.
Works with key stakeholders across operations, technology, finance, risk, T&O and tax.
Confidently and professionally sets out risks and impacts of system changes to stakeholders.
The jobholder will be a key member of the senior leadership team, attending various industry and internal meetings or events.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
• Will have in knowledge and direct experience of the specialist finance market including (but not limited to):
Block discount, wholesale finance, public
sector, vendor finance, corporate.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop working relationships at senior levels
• A strong commercial background is essential, with awareness of internal and external issues affecting the business
• Strong relationship building skills with key stakeholders with the proven ability to use knowledge to positively influence outcomes
• Strong organisational and planning skills with effective prioritisation of deadlines with the ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills
• Strong commercial negotiating skills with the ability to represent the company professionally and effectively with new and existing customers at executive and board level
• Experience of working in a commercial or operational asset finance environment as a key decision maker
• A strong commercial outlook with experience of taking risk based decisions based around industry experience, knowledge and data
• A consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to deal with conflict, complexity and time pressures
• Knowledge of all regulatory requirements affecting the asset finance market in the UK
• Must be flexible and have the ability to travel between various sites
• Must ensure delivery based on customer driven completion dates
For a confidential discussion please speak Mark Lyons on 07790808904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org