Job Vacancy: Senior Underwriter - Bridging Finance - Central London - M2 Recruitment
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary plus market leading benefits package.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, well capitalized, city based new start business. Our client, a fast growing provider of bridging and development finance requires a Senior Underwriter to join their team based in Central London.
You will be responsible for the growth of the lending team whilst growing a loan book through the provision of new lending across residential and commercial bridging and development finance.
Other responsibilities include;
• Draw up and manage on an ongoing basis the credit policy and all risk/compliance processes
• Implement and recommend ongoing developments for systems, processes and procedures to drive improvements in efficiency and loan book growth
• Build relationships with forward thinking brokers, valuers and solicitors who will collaborate on improvements to process and communication.
• Grow and manage the lending team and ensure they are working efficiently in conjunction with brokers, solicitors and valuers.
• Underwrite short term bridging loans for residential, commercial and refurbishment/development finance
• Analyse credit data to determine level of risk
• Evaluate external credit reference agency data
• Ensure AML/KYC compliance and adherence to internal policies
• Plan, manage and prioritise time to ensure SLAs are met
• Knowledge of underwriting credit proposals in a bridging or developmental finance background.
• Previous experience in a leadership position would be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of credit risk policies and, processes and controls
• Excellent written and presentational skills.
For more information about this role or any of our vacancies call 01625 522 774 or email email@example.com.