Salary to £80,000 plus bonus, company car, and excellent benefits
Our client is a major banking institution who are looking to strengthen their trade finance division. We are looking for a Trade Finance Director to cover the Thames Valley region.
The candidate must have current and proven experience of trade finance working for one of the major banks or independent trade finance businesses, have experience working in sales/relationship roles, a track record of gaining an understanding customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service in this sector.
The role of the Trade Director is to deliver and support trade needs of their corporate customers from either a portfolio of existing clients or from new to bank customers. In addition, you will be recognised as a trade expert and provide support and guidance to your colleagues and customers, to enhance the customers’ experience and the Bank’s income growth.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assessing credit risk arising from trade and supply chain activity
• Assess and mitigate trade risk
• Deliver a superior client experience
• Provide advice and guidance to customers
• Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and Corporate Relationship Managers
• Price solutions appropriately using pricing models. Identify service improvements and cross sale opportunities for additional group products
• Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of trading conditions and related products
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Trade and Supply chain
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Exercise commercial judgement and market knowledge when providing suitable payment solutions to customers
• Experience of working towards sales targets and willingness to be assessed against sales achievements
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
• Build effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
• A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
• Experience of effectively using your knowledge of credit products, processes and risks to make fair and informed lending decisions that meet customers' needs
• Experience of building and managing complex relationships with significant customers
• A track record of effectively handling complex sales, to meet the needs of demanding customers, in a fair and ethical way
The client can demonstrate a strong career path for proven individuals within the trade finance space.
Interested candidates should contact Mark Lyons in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07790 808904.