£45,000 to £55,000, plus excellent benefits.
Our client is part of a UK-based banking group. Through expansion they are looking for an underwriter with asset finance experience to join the team. We are looking someone who has knowledge of legislation that affects this industry, and has excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
Reporting to the senior credit manager, the underwriter will support the underwriting process to make sure the integrity and quality of new business proposals and the portfolio.
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include dealing with the sales team, asset management and occasionally direct communication either face-to-face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers.
- Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal.
- Complete objective, sound and balanced written underwriting proposals covering the risk and mitigate aspects of a transaction in accordance with processes and practise
- Arranging and attending meetings at the office and at broker/customer sites.
- Presenting underwriting proposals to other underwriters or to the credit committee.
- As applicable, approving proposals under their own authority.
- Accurately communicating approval conditions to the sales teams and other relevant employees.
- Completion of annual credit reviews on existing high-balance exposures.
- Knowledge of data protection, anti-money laundering, the Consumer Credit Act, the Companies Act and related legislation.
- Experience of discussing accounting information on a face-to-face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Understanding of the concept of risk and active participation in reviewing all aspects of the company’s portfolio from time-to-time.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cashflow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of deal structuring and documentation, including strengthening proposals by taking additional security.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and be self-motivated.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to support colleagues.
- Commitment to set and promote high standards of customer service.
This is a great opportunity to work for an established business with a real appetite for growth.
Please send your cv to Mark Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07790 808 904 for a confidential discussion.