Business Development Manager – Invoice Finance – Manchester/London/South
We are currently working in partnership with the ambitious client, who have plans to grow. The team are vital in achieving that growth. Hard work, commitment and their passion for delivering excellence in customer services drives their success.
The Business Development Manager role will be operating with the North, London or the South regions. The role is responsible for establishing, developing and managing sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships with direct customers as well as through their own Broker and Introducer networks in the commercial lending market. Through exceptional customer service the role holder will be focused on building a customer base in their geographical location securing new customer relationships as well as supporting existing customers with their financial needs.
As part of this role the expectation is that the individual will be able to play an important part in supporting the business in the ongoing review and development of lending appetite across its existing and new commercial loan products.
- Develop, maintain and grow a sustainable, mutually beneficial direct and indirect customer base through outstanding relationship management
- Through effective and targeted networking raise the awareness and profile of the brand in the markets in which we operate
- Collaboratively work with Loan Management and Credit Partners on all new lending proposals throughout the process
- Review and analyse all new business enquiries received and in the case of lending proposals that proceed lead the production of the credit paper in collaboration with the Loan Manager for submission to the Credit Partner in the Credit Underwriting Team for an underwriting decision
- Present considered lending proposals to the Regional Director and Credit Underwriting Team ensuring accuracy and a sound appreciation of the key risks of the transaction;
- Operate within credit risk appetite and lending policy/criteria to complete quality lending propositions at all times;
- Providing open communication and transparency with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Act as either lead or support on projects both within the Business Development Team and across the wider business on commercial lending related initiatives.
- 3 + years of lending experience
- To be considered for this role you must have experience of a broad range of commercial lending sectors
- Experience of Asset Based Lending is desirable but not essential
- ACIB qualification is desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to provide an outstanding level of service to customers
- Successful track record of identifying new business opportunities from networking within a geographic location, utilising a wider professional network and from an existing customer base
- Capable to consider, assess and explore a range of lending proposals from bridging finance to medium term lending, identify the key risks and mitigants of these proposals and present a succinct analysis and recommendation of the rationale for progressing a case
- Proven Business Development and relationship management skills
- Advanced Business Case writing skills
Salary: £60k +
Vacancy Patches: North, Midlands, London, South
If you are interested in this position or know of someone that is, get in touch today by sending your CV/details to email@example.com or calling 07488 253195.
Not quite what you’re looking for? We have multiple Commercial Finance vacancies across different locations that we are currently working on. If you are looking for a new role or just want to see what’s out there – get in touch today for a quick, confidential chat.