Corporate business development manager – Midlands and South
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a corporate business development manager to join a market leading independent provider of specialist invoice finance in the South East.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and acquisition of new business customers through the identification and engagement of eligible prospects turning over between £10m and £100m per annum. These businesses will typically have funding or invoice finance facility needs from £1m to £25m.
- Develop and grow enterprise customer base and make a sizeable difference to revenue and balance sheet position via the acquisition of new enterprise invoice finance customers.
- To achieve the agreed quarterly targets for the role including new business origination, credit quality, and margin and support with input into the wider business strategy both commercially and technically.
- Build and deliver activity inputs through various channel outreach, marketing, direct sales, partnerships and advisors to deliver a number of core metrics such as customer deal volume, revenue and invoice value.
- Have an excellent understanding of B2B SME sales preferably with experience of selling a complex finance or commercial funding product. With the confidence and capability to pitch, sell and build credit proposals for invoice finance solutions and present internally to senior executives and externally to SME owners and directorship teams.
- Convert new business across extended sales cycles of anything from 1 month to 6 months and deal with multi-level negotiation across price, structure and competitor facilities. Come up with innovative ways to engage new business.
- Understand in depth the product offering and technical components of the product to make sure you are a leading knowledge in how the business facilities work and the value it brings to customers.
- Source and identify partnerships and collaborations that deliver new business lead flow and conversion. Build rapport and the ability to support and manage existing partnerships.
- Build gravity and a network for brand in relevant areas that support the growth agenda.
- Strong tenure at a similar business in banking, fintech or SAAS with direct experience in an SME direct sales role including delivering profitable and sustainable sales growth in a specialist lending business ideally in the SME sector.
- Experience in working with selling to SMEs with a turnover of >£5m selling a funding or complex product in a competitive environment (non-transactional).
- Proven track record of specific high performance to be validated through reputable metrics.
- The ability to deal with longer complex sales cycles and able to draw on a wide range of sales techniques and knowledge to deal with a wide variety of business directors, CFOs, and business boards.
- Success and engagement in a relationship orientated sales transaction
In return you can expect a competitive basic salary up to £80,000 (OTE ££120,000) as well a good range of additional benefits.
M2 | Professional Recruitment Services Ltd
Tel: 01625 522774
Fax: 01625 523377
Mob: 07899 798 580
M2 Professional Recruitment Services Ltd, 1st Floor Offices, 86 Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5BB