Corporate Risk Manager – North of England
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced risk professional to join an established and successful Receivables Finance and Asset Based Lending business.
As part of their growing Corporate Team in the North, you will be responsible for ensuring that risk is controlled across a number of larger ticket portfolios to the standards agreed by the company and Group Risk Director. Typical facility sizes will exceed £1 Million.
You will cover all aspects of risk however will principally focus on Portfolio/Client Risk Management and Operational risk. Client Facility Underwriting/Sanctioning, and Recoveries management will feature in the role as required and directed by the Corporate Risk Director.
You will additionally:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and work closely with external parties to devise technical training and deliver as appropriate.
- Work with the UK Operational Risk & Compliance Manager to nationally drive lessons learned (both from losses and successful recoveries) across the UK as a whole
- Drive best practice and champion the development and improvement of existing operating processes.
- Ensure risk is controlled within Group standards.
- Take responsibility for monitoring the existing client portfolio, escalating clients to Watchlist status where appropriate, along with operational risk, sampling & reporting.
- Undertake underwriting/sanctioning, within delegated authority as required.
- Coordinate & Chair Corporate Watch Forums for your region, ensuring minutes and actions are appropriately recoded in Risk Factor
- Undertake thorough Portfolio Reviews on a monthly basis with Relationship Managers, escalating appropriate cases to Watchlist status advising Corporate Risk Director, Corporate Director and Head of Corporate Business Centre.
- Ensure regular updates on the Watchlist portfolio are provided to the Corporate Risk Director and the Corporate business.
- Ensure that Riskfactor records are fully maintained (journals, watch notes etc) in line with Group Standards and that follow ups are used to drive and monitor action via review of delinquency reports
- Proactively manage cases pre-insolvency in conjunction with the Corporate Recoveries Manager to effect a smooth handover. Where necessary in periods of absence deputise for the Corporate Recoveries Manager, taking responsibility for driving action on recoveries cases.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, car allowance and exceptional benefits package.
M2 | Professional Recruitment Services Ltd
Tel: 01625 522774
Fax: 01625 523377
Mob: 07899 798 580
M2 Professional Recruitment Services Ltd, 1st Floor Offices, 86 Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5BB