Sales enablement leaders: The essential piece of your sales team’s success
Sales enablement adoption has increased by 343% over the last five years.
This massive growth and increased visibility indicate that companies are catching up to what we’ve known for a long time: Sales enablement leaders are the unsung heroes of a company’s sales team and the key to driving massive revenue growth.
By helping to equip sales representatives with the necessary tools and training, they play a huge role in ensuring that your business achieves success.
In this blog post, we will discuss why having an effective sales enablement leader is essential for your company and how sales enablement training courses can help to improve the skills of your enablement leader.
1. What is sales enablement and why do you need it
Sales enablement is the process of equipping sales representatives with the necessary tools and training to sell your products or services.
Sales enablement helps to improve the productivity of your sales team and increase sales revenue of the sales team. By providing sales representatives with the necessary resources, you can help them to more effectively close deals and achieve more success.
2. What makes a good leader for the sales enablement department?
There are a few key qualities that are essential for a successful sales enablement leader.
- First – They must have excellent communication skills. They need to be able to effectively communicate with sales representatives, as well as other members of the company’s leadership team.
- Second – They must be able to train sales representatives on the products they are selling
- The third quality is that they must be able to develop sales enablement content. This includes creating training materials, such as videos, slideshows, and tutorials. They must also be able to develop content that helps sales representatives understand the buyers’ journey and how to navigate it.
- Fourth – They must be able to analyze sales data
- The Fifth Quality – They must be able to manage sales teams. This includes developing strategies for sales teams, setting goals, and coaching sales representatives.
- Sixth – They must be able to create a positive work environment for sales representatives. This includes providing support and encouragement to sales representatives, as well as maintaining a positive attitude.
Having all of these qualities are critical for your sales enablement leaders’ success. People can learn on the job, but having natural prowess, please training will reveal exceptional results.
3. The key components of a successful sales enablement strategy
There are several key components that are essential for a successful sales enablement strategy.
The first is an experienced sales enablement leader who can oversee the implementation of the sales enablement strategy and ensure that sales representatives are getting the necessary training and resources.
The second is a well-designed sales enablement system that provides sales representatives with the necessary tools
The third component of a successful sales enablement strategy is regular sales enablement training courses for sales representatives. By providing sales representatives with regular training, you can ensure that they are constantly learning new techniques and strategies for selling your products or services.
4. How to implement a sales enablement system in your company
Implementing a sales enablement system in your company can be a challenge, but it is worth the effort.
Here are some tips for implementing a successful sales enablement system:
- Define the objectives of your sales enablement system and make sure that everyone in your company understands them.
- Design a sales enablement system that provides sales representatives with the necessary tools
- Get feedback from all people participating regularly – what’s working, what’s not, what content is needed, what content is working, etc
- Routine Huddles & Win Stories – The goal of sales enablement is to enable group learning and group improvement of the sales team and have them learn from each other
- Provide regular sales enablement training courses for sales representatives
A skilled sales enablement leader will help put all this together, align teams with goals, and evolve the needs of the program over time as wins and losses begin to reveal themselves.
5. The benefits of having a strong sales enablement leader
There are several benefits of having a strong sales enablement leader in your company.
- Improve the productivity of your sales team
- Equip sales representatives with the necessary tools and training to win
- Ideate and create sales content
- Facilitate group learning with sales huddles, pitch practice & feedback
- Help to close more deals
- Achieve greater success
6. Sales enablement training courses – what to rxpect
Sales enablement training is an excellent way for revenue operations leaders, product marketing leaders, and enablement leaders to sharpen their skillset and leadership abilities.
But the best sales enablement training course we’ve come across was created by Elay Cohen and the team at SalesHood, focusing on Sales Enablement Leadership, and teaching enablement leaders how to be a more strategic, and more effective sales enablement leader.
SalesHoods enablement training focuses more on improving enablement leadership, and dives much deeper then other generic programs we’ve seen, covering leadership-centric topics like:
- Getting executive and stakeholder buy-in
- Aligning enablement programs to your go-to-market strategy
- Creating super-effective virtual onboarding programs for remote sales teams
- Helping leaders speed up the impact of sales enablement efforts
- Correlate enablement programs activity to performance activity
- Getting teams conversationally competent
- Building strategic business cases for resourcing
- Creating sales enablement content that closes deals
General sales enablement training courses will cover a variety of topics that are essential for sales representatives. These topics may include:
- Developing a sales strategy
- Selling products or services
- Cold calling techniques
- Closing deals
- Managing a sales team
- Creating a positive work environment for sales representatives
Sales enablement leaders are essential for a successful sales team. They provide the necessary tools and training to help sales representatives win more deals.
Sales enablement training courses can help solid enablement leaders learn new techniques and strategies that will improve the productivity of your sales team. Implementing a sales enablement system can be challenging, but it is worth the effort and time. By getting company-wide buy-in, and investing the time, and hiring the right leadership, you can ensure your company is on its way to competing with the top companies in your industry.