White glove logistics: All you need to know
We have always had a need for logistics; it began with animals, horses and other beasts of burden were used to carry materials, then we invented the steam engine and later the internal combustion engine provided the power to move stuff. Fast forward to today, when we have a growing 3rd party logistics sector and aside from that, the technical logistics field, or white glove logistics as it is known, is responsible for the transportation, assembly, installation and configuration of technical equipment of many kinds.
Services offered by a white glove logistics company
A leading technical logistics company would offer the following services:
- Asset recovery – It might be IT hardware or hospital equipment that needs to be returned to the OEM. All types of technical equipment can be removed from its location and taken to any location.
- Final mile delivery – Large and complex technical equipment is sometimes delivered to a nearby location, where it is met by a team of white glove technicians, who take over from that point and are tasked with handling the equipment into its final resting place and set up ready for use.
- Data centre relocation – When a company relocates, they need help with their data centre from industry approved technicians who specialise in data centre relocation. Adding server racks and calibrating new devices is also on the menu and the provider can handle the entire operation.
- Demo equipment management – The best demo equipment management from Tecdis ensures that demo equipment is installed and removed when it should be. Hospitals often take delivery of MRI and CT scanners on a demo package, which allows them to try out the product for a period of time. After the loan period expires, the equipment is either purchased or removed and returned to the OEM, where it might be stored for further use or reconditioned and sent to another hospital.
Sectors that rely heavily on white glove logistics
There are many sectors that use white glove logistics, including the following:
- Banking & finance – All ATMs are managed by technical logistics, as are banknote counters and counterfeit detection Secure online banking also needs network security experts; a service provided by white glove technicians.
- Healthcare – The field of medicine has an ongoing need for technical logistics, as most of their equipment requires special handling. MRI, CT scanners, X-Ray machines and other special equipment is installed and calibrated by industry-approved technicians. Click here for the ingredients that make up a successful business.
- Access control systems – They might be at sports arenas or train stations and as we all know, these systems can break down. The technical logistics firm would have at least one team that works only one access control, whether installation or maintenance.
- Fitness equipment – The latest generation of fitness equipment requires skilled handling and installation, which is provided by a technical logistics firm that has the know-how and resources to carry out the work.
The technical logistics industry is growing exponentially, as new equipment is emerging and if you are in need of technical logistics, a Google search will help.