Associate, Structured Finance – UK, Alton/Remote
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm (1-hour lunch) with flexibility
The Job holder will support the Structured Finance team in onboarding clients, monitoring/managing/amending facilities and ensuring that a customer focused service is delivered. They will be the administrative custodian of the complete process of onboarding New Facilities and will be responsible for undertaking due diligence across all transactions.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ownership of all administrative tasks, processes, and documentation for the Structured Finance team
- Assist with client in-life facility audits, obtaining updated information from internal/external databases, reviewing client policy/process documentation and conducting sample tests against the facility agreed credit/eligibility criteria
- Assist in producing initial draft proposal and term sheets
- Undertake due diligence across all transactions, ensuring that each stage is logged and approved through the document storage system, ensuring that all items on the onboarding checklist have been satisfactorily met
- Document negotiations and if required produce Minutes of meetings
- Assist with the preparation of relevant legal documents (depending on experience)
- Support work and communication with lawyers, accountants, and relevant experts
- Aid correspondence with existing customers reference funding requirements and future drawdowns; updating forecasts, possibly a CRM and internal departments (Finance and Treasury)
- Provide client support, answering or, where appropriate, escalating queries to support and manage the facility
- Manage and process facility drawdown requests, work effectively with the operations team to complete within agreed service levels
- Populate Board, Credit packs and supporting information for Structured Finance Credit Committee meetings as per meeting schedule
- Ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules assigned to you
- Continued professional development of knowledge and understanding of the finance industry including the Company products and services, clients, competitors, introducers, and markets
- Maintain awareness and ensure compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures, anti-money laundering legislation, agreed operational and control processes relevant to the Company
- Identify and drive own personal career development needs through self-analysis and feedback from others
- Promote and adhere to the Company’s culture and values, also the Structured Finance Departmental Action Plan.
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by your Line Manager
Principle accountabilities to the;
- Senior Manager, Structured Finance
- Executive Director, Structured Finance
- Structured Finance Team
- Existing and Prospective Clients
- Credit Analysts
- Group Compliance & Risk team
- Third parties: lawyers, accountants etc.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Financial services experience, preferably in banking or corporate finance
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record in a similar role or academically capable in this field
- CIOB/CB qualified advantageous but not essential
- Excellent reporting skills
- Highly numerate and proficient in MS Office
- Systematic approach to work with demonstrable ability to deliver to deadline, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to review and evaluate financial information against the requirements of the business
- Confidently able to offer recommendations and advice to the business
- Outstanding commercial acumen, solid grasp of business aims and objectives
If you are interested in this position or know of someone that is, get in touch today by sending your CV/details to email@example.com or calling 07488 253195.
Not quite what you’re looking for? We have multiple Commercial Finance vacancies across different locations that we are currently working on. If you are looking for a new role or just want to see what’s out there – get in touch today for a quick, confidential chat.