Home renovations on the rise: Here’s the most popular
Home renovations are as popular as ever, with recent figures showing a steady increase in how many people are getting these done. Some options have proven much more popular than others, with a few specific options being the more commonly chosen. It also hasn’t meant these home improvements have been easy to do.
In contrast, more and more people are finding out how stressful it can be to get large renovations done. Anyone considering home renovations – which more people are doing – should be prepared to deal with the actual process.
Recent data shows not only that certain renovations are more popular, but there are ways to make the process much easier.
Most popular home renovations
Some home renovations have seen a larger surge in popularity than others in recent years, with these proving to be some of the more appealing options to choose. The most notable of these include:
- Kitchen remodels – The kitchen is the heart of the home, so it’s easy to see why people are focusing on this. From replacing countertops and cabinets to replacing appliances, more people are improving how their kitchen looks and functions.
- Bedroom additions – It’s easy to see why another bedroom is appealing, especially for growing families. Converting a room or doing an extension are the most popular ways of doing this.
- Updating the basement – Basements don’t have to be boring and an afterthought, so they’ve become a focus for many homeowners. They’ve been updated and converted into different rooms, such as bedrooms and an extra living room.
With how large some of these renovations are, they can involve a lot of work and effort. That leads to quite a bit of stress for homeowners, which nobody wants to deal with. It doesn’t need to be an essential part of the process, however.
Top tips for your home renovation
Large home renovations can be a stressful process, no matter how popular they are. Many homeowners have found tips and tricks to reduce this, if not outright remove it. Some of the more notable are:
- Use a skip bin hire for any demo work
- Compare contractors before hiring them
- Put in sweat equity to reduce costs
- Have an adequate time frame for the process
Despite how stressful home renovations can be, they still prove to be popular. Homeowners often feel they need to get them done, so have developed multiple ways to make it easier.
Home renovations and improvements have seen a resurgence in popularity, with more and more people upgrading and altering their property. Not all projects have proven as popular as others, however, and some have been focused on much more than others.
From kitchen remodels and basement remodels to upgrading the bedroom, these can all be complicated projects to get done. Homeowners have found various tips and tricks that can make them much easier and go by smoothly.
As popular as they are, home improvements shouldn’t cause headaches, and homeowners will always make sure that’s the case.