Lending Manager- Commercial Mortgages
North West / Scotland
Our client, one of the UK’s leading independent providers of Financial Services to businesses requires an experienced lending manager to join their expanding Commercial Mortgages Team in the North West and Scotland.
As a part of the Commercial Mortgages Team you will be expected to source and progress Commercial Mortgage loan applications through to completion and manage all aspects of broker and case pipelines. The role holder is responsible for making suitable recommendations to the Bank’s credit function to enable growth of the Commercial Mortgage lending book in line with business strategy, whilst ensuring that all loan applications are completed within policy and criteria. The role holder will also play a significant part in managing introducer relationships from key accounts.
This is a predominantly home based position and will involve national travel.
- Delivery of quality, risk based determination of credit risk – maximising the marginal return of new business lending balanced with the risk presented.
- Complete extensive due diligence on commercial mortgage applications adopting a host of credit assessment skills to recommend the basis on which risk is taken.
- Credit stewardship will be strong and require input from a Senior Lending Manager (SLM) on only complex deals.
- Oversee, in conjunction with support staff, legal advisors and chartered surveyors, the drawdown process to ensure offered facilities are drawn as smoothly and quickly as possible
- Development of broker and borrower relationships to ensure a strong flow of new business proposals – you will hold your own relationships and be actively involved in some shared relationships with SLM
- To achieve set individual targets in a variety of areas and to contribute towards the overall performance of the Commercial Mortgage business, whilst minimising the risk of losses.
- Ensure that market, sector and Regulatory knowledge is continuously developed and maintained.
- You will work closely with SLM and Assistant Lending Managers (ALM) providing support to the ALM as required. You are to be very visible in your local office to support wider team.
- All work is to be approached on a right first time basis and you will be required to work at pace with data integrity and accuracy seen as key at all times.
- To carry out ad-hoc duties as requested by Head of Commercial Mortgages
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Experience within the Commercial Mortgage sector, to include presentation of Mortgage Applications to Board level.
- A detailed understanding of banking credit processes
- A detailed understanding of the legal requirements, property valuation issues and banking processes to achieve loan drawdown in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to extract key financial information for individuals, partnerships and companies • Ability to work on own initiative as role is predominantly home based
- Ability to travel nationally
- High level of communication skills
- Able to work in a target driven environment, achieving monthly drawdown targets.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, brokers and other professional partners
Qualifications and Professional memberships:
- Omega- Essential (can be completed within 6 months of start date)
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary, car allowance and additional benefits.
M2 | Professional Recruitment Services Ltd
Tel: 01625 522774
Fax: 01625 523377
Mob: 07899 798 580
M2 Professional Recruitment Services Ltd, 1st Floor Offices, 86 Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5BB