Liven up and give your office a makeover with these clever ideas
Office spaces often seem to be rather dull and lifeless places. But with just a few changes, you can turn your office into the kind of space that is worth coming to work for! There are tons of clever ideas out there on how you can liven up office space and give it character. You could purchase new furniture or even change the flooring in order to create a more welcoming environment. And don’t forget about making sure that the lighting is just right! Investing in some new pieces of furniture like desks, chairs, lamps, etc., will not only spruce up any space but also give it personality and life.
1. Change the flooring
A great way to liven up any space is by changing the flooring. If you have a carpeted area in your office, consider replacing it with hardwood tiles. You could even try laminate flooring so it’s easier to clean and maintain. If you don’t want an uncomfortable feel underfoot, try placing some rugs that can be easily vacuumed and taken out of the space when not needed.
2. Types of flooring available
- Carpet: Carpet flooring is typically the most affordable option and it’s easily replaced if damaged or stained.
- Laminate: Laminate is a very popular type of flooring that is quite durable, easy to clean, and doesn’t require any special equipment for installation. Some people might be deterred by the fake woodgrain look of laminate, but it can be an excellent way to save money on flooring while still achieving a nice aesthetic.
- Hardwood: Hardwood floors are becoming increasingly more popular as they can last for decades without any wear and tear and require only minimal maintenance. They’re also hypoallergenic and many types can even be installed without the use of glues or nails.
- Stone: Stone flooring is an excellent option if you want chic and luxurious office space, as it’s easily cleaned and maintained and can be very durable. However, stone tends to be rather cold underfoot so you might want to consider some rugs in the colder months.
3. Find new furniture
Sometimes it’s possible to give your office a makeover simply by finding some new pieces of furniture. Purchasing a cozy sofa or armchairs can help you create comfortable seating for any guests or clients that come into the office. Shoppers often find that they end up spending entirely too much money on their couches, so many people look to the used market by checking sites like Craigslist or Kijiji.
4. Paint your office a bright color
A great way to give your office a makeover is to paint it some new, bright colors! Painting your walls or partitions will not only help you get rid of the drab feeling but also make the room more comfortable and inviting. When it comes to painting, you can’t go wrong with crisp white color. It’s neutral and easily complements the colors on your furniture. But if you want to give your office a unique look, try using some bright paint colors!
It might seem that lighting is a minor detail when it comes to livening up your office, but the right lighting can do wonders for any space. Before you decide what type of lamps or new lights to purchase, give some thought as to where people sit and stand most often in your office. Placing a lamp over a desk or a chair is a great way to make sure that there’s sufficient light on those spots.
6. Add plants to your office
Incorporating some plants into your office is a great way to liven it up and keep the air clean by filtering out toxins and pollutants. This is especially true if you have a large plant that can help purify the air on a bigger scale. If you’re not much of a plant person, consider purchasing some air-purifying plants.
7. Add some personality to your space with artwork
Artwork is an excellent way to make your office more personal and inviting. Consider adding something that’s important to you and that reflects your interests or pastimes. You should also consider artwork that’s relevant to your business and what you do as a company. For instance, if you’re a designer, why not hang some prints of other designers’ work? This will inspire creativity and introduce different perspectives – both for the people who work in the office as well as those who visit.
The office space you work in every day doesn’t have to be drab and dull! There are plenty of ways that you can give your workspace personality by incorporating different types of furniture, art, or flooring. Whether you’re looking for a cost-effective way to spruce up the room with some new chairs or need advice on how to liven things up with paint colors, we hope this article has given you some ideas as to what will work best for your situation. If all else fails, just remember that plants create an inviting environment while also filtering out toxins from the air – so adding some greenery might be the perfect solution if it’s within budget.