New Business Underwriter – Receivables & ABL – South East
Our client, a leading provider of Financial Services to businesses requires a New Business Underwriter to join their Receivables & Asset Based Lending team in South East England.
The role will involve acting as a conduit between the new business team and the organisation’s credit committee, assessing credit applications in line with the company’s credit policy. Typically this role will include collateral assessment, financial forecasting and the in-depth analysis of complex financial accounts. Deal size will typically range between £1 Million and £20 Million.
- Drive continuous improvement activity, challenging processes and procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness, whilst be aligned with business delivery.
- Responsible for making an independent assessment of the risk preposition presented, and to carefully weigh up interests and responsibly maintain and build up the credit portfolio, with a view to optimising the lending process.
- Also, for overseeing credit risks and analysing, assessing and authorising loan proposals, as well as advising Relationship Managers on lending-related issues and coordinating lending process activities, all within the formulated credit policy.
- Analyse and interpret complex financial documentation.
- Knowledge of commercial finance market and products.
- Experience in structuring of deals.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of credit risk methodologies, with experience of credit risk and portfolio analysis.
- Good knowledge of credit risk policies and, processes and controls.
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an market leading basic salary plus bonus plus a range of excellent additional benefits.
For more information about this role or any of our vacancies call 01625 522 774 or email email@example.com.
M2 Professional Recruitment Services
Tel: 01625 522 774
Fax: 01625 523 377