Northampton Business School receives prestigious awards shortlisting for the third year running
The University of Northampton’s Business School is in the running for a prestigious national industry award – for the third year in a row.
Northampton Business School (NBS) has been shortlisted in the Business School of the Year category of the 11th annual Times Higher Education (THE) Awards.
The shortlisting recognises NBS’s commitment to developing graduates who play active roles in business and social enterprises. NBS’s commitment to an exceptional student experience is paying dividends: 96% of NBS graduates are employed or in further study within six months*.
Dr Ian Brooks, executive Dean of NBS, said: “To be nominated for this prestigious award three times in succession demonstrates how highly we are regarded by our peers in Higher Education, our students and the business community.
“It is pleasing recognition for all the good work of everyone involved and is great news for past, current and future students. The University continues to make national and international headlines for its ambitious and innovative contributions to Higher Education and society, and NBS is fully supporting that direction of travel.”
John Gill, THE editor, said: “The achievements of our universities, which transform students’ lives and carry out pioneering research day in, day out, deserve to be recognised, and over the last decade the Times Higher Education Awards have become one of the sector’s most hotly anticipated events. This year, the 11th year of the awards, we had more entries than ever before, and are delighted to have such strong shortlists, highlighting the strength of universities the length and breadth of the country.”
The past 12 months has seen NBS continue to enhance its excellent reputation with a number of milestone achievements:
– August 2015 – The University became one of just two universities in the UK to receive accreditation for its MBA programme from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
– July 2015 – NBS received accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development for its Human Resources Management programmes for a further five years.
– March 2015 – The Accounting and Finance Division at NBS was commended for being one of only six universities to have its courses accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians. It also retained its accreditations from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Association of International Accountants.
– January 2015 – NBS announced a global strategic alliance with Amity University in India.
– Dec 2014 – NBS’s – Banking and Financial Planning programme accredited by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The winners will be announced on Thursday 26 November 2015 at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London.