Responding to the weekend’s cyber attack: The Forum’s top tips to protect your business
The Forum of Private Business has outlined their top tips for businesses in response to the weekend’s cyber attacks.
Experts are warning that there could be further ransomware cases this week after the worldwide global cyber attack that has affected hundreds of thousands of individuals and over 150 countries.
Ian Cass, managing director of the Forum of Private Business, said:
“This attack is a sharp reminder that no matter the size or type of business you run, you should take some simple precautions.
“The Forum have been promoting cyber security for three years now and there are some simple steps you can take.”
To protect your business The Forum’s top tips are:
1) Back up all your systems
2) Ensure all devices are regularly updated with updates and patches applied.
3) Get some simple security software on your devices, a lot of it is free.
4) Regularly change your passwords.
5) Run updates using firewalls and anti-virus software
6) Be wary when reading emails
Additional guidance for companies and for home users and small businesses is also available.
“The Forum have been working with Cyber Ami and their cyber protection process is free for members for one month.”