Sales Manager – London
At a glance
The Commercial Department CF consists of Sales (Business Development Managers), Relationship Management, Asset Management, Commercial Support and Project Management. The Sales team is responsible for new business development, predominantly via introducers. The Relationship Managers nurture the relationship with existing customers and support the Sales team on new transactions. The Asset Managers are responsible for monitoring the assets in the facilities with customers. The Commercial Support team supports both the Sales team and the Relationship Managers. The Commercial Department is also responsible for KYC activities.
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business by seeking referrals, utilising own established network and connections and advising and selling Commercial Finance products and services to new prospects, with a view to realising long term profitability, and Key Business Introducer and Client satisfaction. Focus is on sustainable growth, balancing risk and reward, and growing the portfolio in line with the Return on Equity targets and ABF growth strategy. The job holder is responsible for building the ABN AMRO brand in their region and the UK. The job holder actively promotes cross sell of other ABF and/or bank services.
Maintains formal and informal contacts with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organisation and represents ACF in dealings with influential organisations within the field. Is visibly active on business within his/her area of focus, in co-ordination with other ACF and ABN AMRO Stakeholders.
Analyses and assesses quality of the prospect, what is and is not possible with regards to the prospect, the position of the company in relation to developments within the industry, etc, the risks and the securities to be provided by the client, all within the parameters of the current credit policy, the operational processing opportunities and the rates to be realised. In the context of those activities, considers and takes account of the clients interests.
The jobholder is required to act as a strong first line of defence (LoD), which is demonstrated in the quality of the credit proposals they submit. Also in ensuring compliance with all ‘Licence to Operate’ measures.
Key result areas
On an annual basis, the key result areas are defined through a departmental OGSM (Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures).
Key elements are:
- Financial performance (P&L, portfolio growth, new business volume, C/I ratio, ROE)
- Net Promotor Score
- Risk & Compliance
- Compliance / LtO
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients’ position. Our success is based on our client’s success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious – our core values.
At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders – customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition.
We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking – which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets – Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 individuals in the UK.
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent work experience gathered
- Working experience in a commercial finance environment
- Extensive knowledge of commercial finance/ABL market, products & activities, and underwriting requirements
- Strong established network and connections and ability to generate business
- High level of understanding of country & regulatory principles and rules
- Knowledge of Compliance topics and processes
- Proven ability to successfully deliver sustainable financial performance
- View on developments in the financial industry and the ability to relate this to the CF activities of ABN AMRO
- Credibility and gravitas to represent ABN AMRO in a professional way to internal and external stakeholders
- Customer Focus – Acting at all times with the customers interest in mind. Exploring their wishes, needs and risks and focusing on the Net Promoter Score.
- Result Orientation – Focused on achieving concrete results and on acting upon disappointing results. Thinking forward, keeping track of a situation and carrying out work systematically.
- Risk Awareness – Reviewing risks for people, products and businesses in CF UK and the market place. Taking action to prevent these risks and limit their impact on the goals you wish to achieve.
- Commercial Skills – Making successful business deals by taking into account not only the customers interests, but also the financial and non-financial benefits for the bank.
- Autonomy – using your own convictions to help you make choices and take action. Acting self-sufficiently and forming your own views.
- Setting an example – Acting as a role model for other team members and stakeholder colleagues. Being consistent and systematic in your actions to achieve the most productive outcome.
- Transparency – being transparent and honest about your intentions and values. Making clear how different interests are balanced. Being open to other people’s opinions.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
We have identified that the following types of flexible working may be suitable for this role. Any requests will be determined in line with our Flexible Working Policy:
- Type of Flexible Working which are likely to be suitable
- Job Sharing – No
- Remote Working – Yes
- Part time – Yes (will consider requests in line with business needs)
- Flexitime – Yes
- Unpaid leave – Yes
- Staggered hours – Yes (subject to business coverage)
- Other – Yes (will consider requests in line with business needs)
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
London, N/A, GB
Job Posting Date: 08-Sep-2020
Requisition ID: 25483
Interested? Apply now