Underwriter – Property Finance/ Asset Based Lending
Manchester or Leeds
Our client, one of the UKs leading providers of Business Lending solutions within the SME marketplace is looking to bring on an experienced Underwriter to join their expanding team in either Manchester or Leeds.
- To support the Risk Director in ensuring that the risk framework of the business is robust and remains so as the business grows.
- To underwrite new business propositions within your own mandate.
- Act as 1st underwriter / due diligence support for deals outside own mandate.
- To provide underwriting and credit risk awareness training within the wider business.
- To support the Business Development team in structuring new business proposals.
- To provide credit oversight to ensure new and existing facilities are written in accordance with credit policy and appetite.
- Share best practice across the business, driving efficiencies and consistency across the Regions.
- An experienced underwriter who must demonstrate a full appreciation of property backed lending, and ideally a wider Asset Based Lending background.
- Deal structuring experience working with the available asset base and any secondary security.
- A solid understanding and ability to analyse and interpret financial statements.
- Evidence of coaching and developing colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands and stakeholders.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative, with a positive, can-do attitude
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary + range of additional benefits.
For more information about this role or any of our vacancies call 01625 522 774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
M2 Professional Recruitment Services
Tel: 01625 522 774
Fax: 01625 523 377