What is a digital mailroom?
You might not have heard this term before if you’re still happy managing your documentation by more traditional methods, such as paper filing, but if you’ve been looking into digitising your paperwork and adopting a more modern, technical approach to the way you manage your files, then a digital mailroom may be something you already know about. But just in case you were still wondering exactly what a digital mailroom is, Cleardata is on hand to explain it all to you in this article.
Cleardata is a dedicated company who has specialised in the meticulous management of documentation for businesses across the company, regardless of the industry you might be in and they’re on hand to deliver an exceptional digital mailroom service that you’ll always be able to rely upon.
What is a digital mailroom?
If you think of a post office in your local town centre, a digital mailroom works much the same way, but electronically. It’s essentially the automation of incoming mail. This way, any post you receive will be made into a digital copy that can be secured, backed up and accessed by authorised personnel from anywhere in the world at any time. There are multiple benefits of implementing a digital mailroom, but we’ll touch upon those a little further down.
How does a digital mailroom work?
A digital mailroom will use a combination of electronic document management processes, including document scanning and document capture, both of which Cleardata are able to do as a singular service. When used together, it allows companies and businesses alike to digitise incoming mail with complete ease and peace of mind.
In addition, documentation can be automatically classified and distributed across the company, such as throughout corresponding or relevant departments, for example. Some of the other techniques that are used in combination with each other, as well as document scanning and capturing, to achieve a digital mailroom are as follows:
- Document classification
- Document and content management
6 benefits of using a digital mailroom
There are plenty of benefits associated with the implementation of a digital mailroom, especially in such a modern age where technology is fast-advancing. Businesses need to be able to stay one step ahead of the game and a digital mailroom will aid in doing just that. Here are six benefits of using a digital mailroom:
- It’s cost-effective – the digitisation of documents having them electronically indexed will save your business money because you’ll no longer have to appoint valued staff members to it on your behalf. This frees up time for them to focus on their specific roles within your company and dedicate themselves to that job alone.
- It improves security – choosing Cleardata to implement and manage your digital mailroom will give you complete peace of mind that all of your documentation, no matter how sensitive, will be treated with complete confidentiality. It will also be protected by passwords and security questions, allowing only authorised personnel to access the files.
- It will save space throughout your office – gone are the times where rows and rows of office files are needed. Free up space throughout your office by digitising all of your paperwork. Use the newfound space as seating areas for your customers or clients or open it up as a communal area for your employees.
- Employees will be able to retrieve documents faster – your staff won’t have to look through countless box files to find what they’re looking for. If they’re in a rush, this can elongate the process even further. With a digital mailroom, they’ll be able to find what they want in a flash by simply keying in the details and hitting “enter”. This would be especially useful if you work in the legal sector, but it’s beneficial for all companies, regardless of industry.
- It will reduce your carbon footprint – digital mailroom is a crucial first step to reducing your carbon footprint. Customers, no matter the business you have, are starting to favour eco-friendly companies over those who aren’t particularly bothered about being more “green”. These days, being sustainable and environmentally-friendly is a USP (unique selling point) and by going completely paperless, you’ll be able to use that to sell your services. Cleardata can provide paperless office services in addition to digital mailroom if you’re looking to fully-commit to being an eco-friendly business.
- It ensures the safety of your paperwork – physical documentation is always at risk of being lost, stolen or damaged. Everything you have could be lost in a fire or be damaged beyond salvation by water, for example. A digital mailroom means you’ll always have a copy, albeit electronic, on the system.
Cleardata are always on hand to offer their clients the best possible document management services on the market, including implementing a digital mailroom. Not only is everything confidential and handled with absolute care and attention, but the professionals at Cleardata are extremely helpful, incredibly knowledgeable and take pride in the work they do. You’ll be able to count on Cleardata for document management services every single time. For more information, get in touch with a member of their friendly, committed team today – they’re always happy to hear from you.